Requesting an adoption home study application by email or telephone starts the home study process with International Adoption Services -
Who are the Families:
Families who wish to adopt should have good personal adjustment, a readiness to parent and adequate resources to love and meet the needs of a child or children. However, at I.A.S., for eligibility or qualifications, there are no specific requirements such as a religious membership, marital status, length of marriage, age, physical status, or number of children in the home. All adoptive families are required to meet the standards of MN State Law which includes a background search which results in no barrier convictions.
Application processing steps:
FAMILIES WISHING TO ADOPT IN MINNESOTA MUST:
DOMESTIC HOME STUDY SERVICES PROVIDED BY INTERNATIONAL ADOPTION SERVICES, INC
.● Adoption Home Study and written assessment -- when completed, meets the requirements of Minnesota State Laws. This study includes background checks, a meeting with an adoption study counselor, and a home visit
● Updated Adoption Home Study
● Post Placement Reports
● International Adoption Services, Inc. does not do child outreach for domestic adoptions. IAS is NOT a partner with the MN Department of Human Services (DHS) for Minnesota Waiting Children. Home studies to be submitted for a Minnesota Waiting Child MUST be prepared by an MN DHS Partner agency.
● International Adoption Services, Inc. complies with the following State laws should services be rendered involving domestic adoption:
● the Indian Child Welfare Act, Public Law 95-608;
● the Minnesotan Indian family preservation act, Minnesota Statutes, sections 260.751 to 260.835;
● the heritage act, Minnesota Statutes, sections 259.29, 260C.193, subdivision 3, and 260C.212 to 260C.215; and
● the interstate compact on the placement of children, Minnesota Statutes, section 260.851. NOTE: Foster care licensed families are not allowed to be approved for domestic or international adoption.
Content © 2020 International Adoption Services, All rights reserved.